Pages


Sunday, June 20, 2010

We all scream for...

Last post, I made a note to buy So Delicious Coconut Vanilla ice cream to keep at home, having thoroughly enjoyed the Coconut Vanilla ice cream at Stogo. Well, I bought it, and for the most part, it was pretty good - except that I detected an odd aftertaste. I can't identify what it is, but I also taste it when I eat the So Delicious yogurts. I even brought up the subject on the So Delicious Facebook page, but no one else seems to have this problem. Luckily, I've never noticed it in the milk, creamer, or kefir - all of which are amazing. But it interfered with my enjoyment of the ice cream. So when I was back at the health food store, I decided to try the Rice Dream ice cream that was on sale. Now, I realize that most people have tried this already, and this is why there's a market for the coconut milk products. And I was prepared for a thinner texture, but not at all for the chalky taste. Sigh... so I guess the search continues.

No comments:

Post a Comment